With billions of square feet installed in a complete range of roofing systems and climate extremes, DensDeck® Roof Boards have proven their toughness and versatility. The unique construction has been shown to withstand delamination, deterioration, warping and job site damage far more effectively than paper-faced gypsum board and other conventional roofing products such as wood fiberboard and perlite.
- Provides superior fire protection
- Fire, rot and hail resistant
- Holds up well under normal construction and maintenance foot traffic while stiffening and stabilizing roof decks
- Easy to install in all types of roof systems
- Ideal product for direct membrane application
- Tested within roofing systems for sound isolation
DensDeck® is designed to address persistent challenges inherent in commercial roofing assemblies: fire resistance, strength and dimensional stability when installed in a properly designed roof assembly. DensDeck is a fiberglass mat-faced, noncombustible (as described and tested in accordance with ASTM E 136), nonstructural, gypsum core panel.
DensDeck® Prime Roof Board includes EONIC™ Technology, a patent-protected enhancement that has doubled its resistance to moisture, making it the only roof board with manufacturing specifications that include 5% total water absorption resistance by weight and 1-gram surface water absorption performance on both sides of the board. (Based on published manufacturing specifications as of June 1, 2020.)
DensDeck® Prime combines all the features of standard DensDeck with an enhanced surface treatment. The green surface coating allows uniform spreading of adhesives, which results in a stronger, more consistent bond. For cold mastic and torch applied modified bitumen as well as all fully adhered single-ply systems, DensDeck Prime provides a stronger, more economical installation by reducing the amount of mastic or adhesive, potentially eliminating the field primer and reducing the number of fasteners required to achieve high wind uplift values. Consult with membrane manufacturer for actual priming requirements.
- Most labor efficient VSH board available in market. No power tools required for cutting.
- Very Severe Hail (VSH) impact resistance can be achieved with 60 mil bare back TPO (Contact Rep for Tested Assemblies)
- Improved puncture resistance
- Superior Fire Resistance
- Excellent Uplift Resistance
- Georgia Pacific offers the only cover boards with manufacturing specifications that include 5% total water resistance by weight and 1-gram surface water absorption performance on both sides of the board.